Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My FR on SCSM 2007

Woke up @ 2am to assist Nelly in changing & feeding Megan.
Drank a strong brew of coffee follow by a snadwich, manage to clear my bowels before leaving home @ 4.05am.

Many thanks to tao for giving me a lift to the start point. Manage to meet Mui, nice meeting you.

Waited for burnz @ the front of esplanade glass door but he failed to turn up, so tao, mui & moi went ahead to the starting point.

I started off quite okay, trying not run fast & pacing myself. Weather was great, as we train regularly on this route, so its seems like another LSD training for me. Upon reaching marine cove, saw the kenya runners swooping past us, damn they are fast. Manage to see tiwazz @ the marina pier.

Feeling good, I pick up my speed after leaving marina south area, saw yankee & cosmic all the way. Also saw stazla working hard for the event.

Upon reaching 23km point, felt my right calf tightening, and knew that I made a mistake in fastening my pace earlier. So no choice, have to slow down & apply deep heat to my legs. The supporters @ ECP was great, cheering us on all the way.

Manage to reach the turning point of ECP & grab the free gel @ 28km point. The cramp was still manageable till I reach Kallang area where I had a beri bad cramp on both of my thigh that I had to stop to apply deep heat & do some stretching. Not wanting to push myself too much I decide to walk for a few minutes. After pasting Kallang, I decide to push myself, it was really a mind over body. Knowing well my legs was in pain, I kept telling myself the end point was near & die die I wanted to get the medal for Nelly.

With this in mind I pushing myself over my limit and focus on the run & not the pain. Saw edwin & IMD before the finishing line. The padang crowd was amazing, cheering us on. Crossing the finishing line was .......SHIOKNESS

Din expect that I can complete my first marathon, many thanks for LT for your training, it really helps. THANKS !!!!

I was expecting to do a sub 6 after getting such a bad cramp, was happy that i manage a sub 4.45 timing (chip time).

This marathon is for you, my dear Nelly, all the training, sleepness weekends & PAIN was worth it.

1 comment:

kops21 said...

u did very well for being your first 42km. Analyse what can be improve, you will do better. rest and stretch more. :p